The village of Chatel links superbly to the massive Portes du Soleil ski area via the Super Chatel cable car. Chatel also has ski property for sale plus a great lifestyle offering, with many restaurants, bars and great cuisine to discover after a day out in the mountains.
Why buy in Chatel?
* Only 1h30mins from Geneva airport
* A very pretty traditional French alpine village
* All year-round resort
* In the Portes du Soleil ski area that links 12 major ski resorts and 400km of pistes
* A new ski lift which connects Super-Chatel to Linga, giving fast ski access to Avoriaz, Morzine and other resorts
* The average property prices of new build property in Chatel are low compared to other resorts in the Portes du Soleil region
* Large-scale infrastructure improvements and investment over the coming years, including the new Aqua center
Why Chatel ?
Good mountain restaurants
Good for eating out
Short airport transfers
Good ski schools
Good for weekends
Highest lift: 2200m (7218 Feet)
Lowest lift: 1100m (3609 Feet)
No of lifts: 45
No of slopes: 49
Total piste length: 85km
Longest run: 8km
Snow parks: 1
Snow cannons: 97
Off piste: N/A
Cross country: 36km
The “Portes du Soleil” is truly international with a mixture of French ski property in resorts such as Chatel, Avoriaz, Les Gets, Abondance, Morzine, Montriond and St Jean d’Aulps linking with five resorts in Switzerland including Morgins, Torgon, Champoussin, les Crozets and Champéry.